Google SAS Search

Add to Google

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Blogging At the SAS Global Forum

So far so good at The SAS Global Forum.

I haven't had too much time to go to a lot of talks, but I attended a really informative one yesterday morning. Judy Loren from Health Dialog Analytic Solutions gave a good talk on using data step hash objects. One little code tidbit that caught my eye was this loop construct:

do i = 1 by 1 until( some criteria or i > 1000 );

It is a nice shorthand way to create a loop sentinel variable and update it instead of:

i = 0;
do until( some criteria or i > 1000 );
i + 1;

Nifty! You never know what little gems you can pick up from the Global Forum. Thanks Judy Loren.


Mostly I have been busy preparing for my own talk tomorrow morning (and enjoying St Paddy's Day on the riverwalk :).

I uploaded the paper and some accompanying code files in case you are interested.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment