Google SAS Search

Add to Google

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Pre-Cambrian Code

How old is the SAS code you are working with? I am working with an application that was built from an application that was built from an application, etc. A lot of times you can tell the code was just taken from what was previously working and slapped into the newer version. And there are some crazy fossils to be found in that old code. Take this one for example:

proc sortt data =

This was showing up in just enough places to get me curious. It couldn't just be a common misspelling, could it? Nope.

Now the question is: Should I leave it there for someone else to find in a couple of years, or change it?

1 comment:

  1. You mean PROC SORTT still works?

    I guess I would leave it in but place a humorous comment there.

    ReplyDelete